Thursday, April 25, 2013

Egg Retival

April 17th <--- Also my birthday :)

We got to the office and had to sit in the waiting room. Out of all my visits this was the longest time I have ever had to be in the waiting room. Eric needed to use the restroom so he went into the back area, then I heard him talking to someone which sounded like they were asking for him to give a sample. He didn't come back into the waiting room so I had to figure that he was indeed back there doing his thing and making the little sperms that will meet up with my eggs soon. As I sat there (knowing what he was doing), it made me a little sad that I didn't get the chance to do something special for him or to at least kiss him and excite him just a little. I was angry at the lady for not letting us see each other first so we could be special together. Again, this part is the only part of the whole IVF process that bothers me for being too clinical (not that there is anything different they could do). I wanted to make it a tiny bit more loving for us. Oh well, buy the time I felt that I should say something, I figured he was in the middle and I didn't want to ruin it.

He came out and sat in the waiting room with me for a few more minutes then we went in the back so I could dress up in my sexy hospital clothes. I was then hooked up to an IV and taken into a small operating room. It was very small and there were about 4 nurses in there and my RE would be there soon too. The nurse put another tube in my IV and before I knew it I was back in the recovery room. Wow that was fast, or so it seemed. I later heard that he retrieved 25 eggs from me.

We went to my mother-in-laws home to rest for a bit. The pain hit me! I was begging for pills. The ride home was a bit painful, I couldn't eat and I was majorly uncomfortable. I was hoping for a birthday dinner, but all I wanted was more pills and my bed!

Due to all my appointments, I had no choice to work the next day, as a matter of fact I didn't have a day off for 5 days until my egg transfer. I would NOT recommend this!

I got a call the next day, 16 eggs and 16 sperms came together to start 16 wonderful little embryos. They looked like they were dividing at the right pace so we were scheduled for a five day transfer.

No comments:

Post a Comment