Wednesday, April 10, 2013

2nd Baseline Appointment

April 10th

I drive 2 1/2 hours.

I get to the office and they draw my blood, ick - more needles.

I saw my doctor a short time later and we shared a good conversation about 18 year old kids. I really like him and he is down to earth and very comforting. He has always been positive as well. I like him more and more each time I go.

He found only 10 eggs in each ovary. They are all growing as expected, all were 10-13mm. I was almost devastated about going from 27 eggs down to only 20. I asked him if I should worry and he said no. Again he was very positive, he didn't really explain why 7 went away. He did say that there might be more we cant see.

I cant help but feel sad. I know it only takes one good egg. But everything I know and read from other ladies is that after the retrieval not all that are taken out make it, and less will make it to freezing just in case this 1st try doest work.

I'm not getting any younger here!  :(

My 2 1/2 drive home sucked, because my headache was killing me. When I got home I was able to take a good nap, but my head still hurts. The doctor said I could take Tylenol, but I feel that I don't want to be taking that everyday, so I'm trying to deal with each one until I cannot stand it anymore.

The office called later and said my estrogen level was good at 480 or 580, I cannot remember. I just know she said it was good and to continue with the same amount of injections.

I will see my little eggs for another sizing and count in 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment