Monday, April 29, 2013

5th day Egg Transfer

April 22nd

Oh what a painful week. I still was very sore from the surgery.

I also ended up get OHSS (ovary hyper stimulation syndrome). Because of all the shots to over grow my eggs, which caused my ovaries to be large and then water collects in them and in my stomach for a wonderful (not) big fat tummy. I felt like I was pregnant at about 9 months. I actually wobbled and had to ease myself to a sitting and standing position. I was really uncomfortable. On top of that, I couldn't poop because of the pain medications. I was a blimp!

Come to find out there is really nothing I could do about it. Just drink fluids to make it not get worse. Eventually I pooped and that helped me to feel a little better.

We got to the office and I started out with 30 minutes of acupuncture. I'm still not really liking needles, and please tell me why she must stick them in the top of my head?? LOL

Right after I was done Eric and I changed into our hospital clothes. He got to look like a doctor and I had to look like a mental patient. The doctor came in and told us that our embryos grew very nice and there were two that were graded at a perfect AA and those were the two he would transfer today, depending on how many we wanted to transfer.

Oh The Gamble.....
Its really hard to decide on one or two embryos. I don't really want to be pregnant with twins, however what if this is our only chance and the rest of the eggs don't freeze. I don't want to go through another fresh IVF. Our RE explained that the chance of implantation is greater with 2 eggs. I did read something about this, there are some studies that claim that two embryos help to implant one or each other. What the heck, I was all about getting success out of this, so we went with two.

We went into the same little surgery room that I had my egg retrieval in. I got to be awake for this whole thing. Let me tell you, I almost wish I was asleep, not because there was any pain, but I had to let down all my walls. 1st there was this little "drive-thru" window as Eric called it, it led to the embryologist. At 1st he wasn't there, but he arrived to hand over our little embryos to the RE for the transfer. Before that could happen the RE had to clean my vagina out. My thighs are up in stilts so my legs are VERY spread open, and he had to shoot water up there. I am used to douching, but Ive never had anyone do it for me! I also didn't need the guy at the drive-thru window right in front of my open vagina too! I got to rest for a few minutes after the transfer and then I had to pee and go into my other room.

In the other room, I had a good laugh about the guy at the drive-thru window. I don't order burgers with my legs spread!

My wonderful Arial did another 30 minutes of acupuncture with me. I didn't really rest though, because my mind was racing. I ended up calling my nurse in to talk to me about all the things that I was worried about, like what I could and couldn't do, what I should eat, and on and on. I knew most of this stuff, I really just needed to be reassured, and I did feel better when she left.

I got dressed and we left. Off to two days of bed rest. After all the pain from the retrieval and having to work all the days after that, I was really looking forward to bed rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment