Sunday, February 10, 2013

Stress and Good News

I'm worried about stress.

That's just the way I am. I worry and stress so much! I have been working on breathing and listening to calming music and trying remain calmer about things out of my control. However there are times when I am sitting down being quiet and I don't think that I am thinking about anything but my heart seems to be heavily pounding, and I realize that I actually am stressing about something on the back of my mind.

Its crazy how much there is in life to take care of and deal with, yet somehow we are supposed to focus on controlling stress. Well I'm stressed about my stress levels! This weight loss thing is not helping me. I'm down to 204, after three weeks of eating VERY healthy, and working out more, I would have hoped to drop at least under 200 by now :(  My mom says its because I have too much stress in my life.....

Oh really? You don't say? But what do I do? I have to work, and I have to take care of the kids, husband and home, I have to manage schedules and make sure everything comes together, and on top of that I have major goals right now like weight loss and IVF. How would anyone have all these things going on and not have any stress?

Celebrate the good things! That helps me feel happy and I love being happy and that puts stress on the back burner for a while!

A ray of light and good news.

I found an acupuncturist, that I fell in love with! In one simple phone call, my stress levels dropped and I was able to tell that I love her personality and I cannot wait to meet her. I was reading forums and blogs, and IVF success stories, and I kept seeing acupuncture as one thing that women with success say that they think was the key factor in their positive pregnancy test. I read that it is most successful when it is done 30 minutes before egg transfer and then 30 minutes after egg transfer.

30 minutes before and 30 minutes after? I'm thinking about how the RE is going to keep me lying down for an hour after the ET, so how am I going to get out of the office to get acupuncture done in that time frame? I guess Ill settle for having it done right after I leave the office. One lady on a forum said that her acupuncturist came to the office and was able to perform the acupuncture before and after.

So I started doing research and making calls to acupuncturists in the same city as my RE, and finding out which one would work with me, without really having a fixed time that this could be done. ET is done 3-5 days after the egg retrieval, it just depends on how growth rate of the eggs. So I cannot make a regular appointment. I found one lady who was nice and willing to work with me last minute when that time came.

BUT THEN....I got a call from a lady returning my message and she had worked with my RE before and she will go to his office and do the acupuncture before and after my RT right in his office!!! SCORE!! I guess I could have just called my RE and asked if they recommend anyone, lol. I liked my way better because I did the hard work and I feel that I am appreciating the results much better!!  :)


For now:

Lord help me this week! I will be a crazy woman running to my mail box all week looking for my schedule! Thank God I only have 4 days of that and then on Friday I will be up there and if the nurse hasn't mailed it, maybe she can give it to me. **finger crossed** I want my precious schedule!

Friday Eric had blood work done. I'm not sure why but they required him to have an HIV, syphilis, and hepatitis tests done. He had a busy week at work, but finally got those tests done a few days ago.

Tonight is our 3rd anniversary of our 1st date!  :)   Every year we go back the place of our 1st date and have dinner together. We also choose this restaurant to have our wedding rehearsal dinner at. I love the wonderful memories and the good times. Oh...I love Eric!! :P


No comments:

Post a Comment