Tuesday, February 12, 2013

No Stress and Scheulde Changes


Its the Metformin!

I texted my hunny on the way to the gym yesterday to tell him my heart was still racing. He said I should call the RE and see if there is some side effect to the Metformin. I was too worried to call my RE because I didn't want them taking me off the Metformin or needing to change my IVF to a later date (I'm not sure that would have been what they would have done, I just worry lots, lol). I'm stubborn and I want to be on the Metformin, because I feel it will have the best benefits working with my PCOS to help my fertility. I also don't want to quit my diet, because even though Ive only lost 5 pounds, I want a chance at loosing more!

So instead of calling my RE, I called the pharmacist. At first he told me that my heart racing or beating hard was not a side effect of Metformin. We talked for a bit and his 1st question to me was "have you tested your blood sugar and is it low?" Metformin is mainly used to help diabetics, so I got to explain to him how I have PCOS and I am going through IVF and was prescribed this to help with fertility. Then because I talk a lot I went on about how I am currently on a strict PCOS diet to restrict sugars and carbs - aka more sugar. He gave me some great ideas on adding in more healthy sugars, he was unsure what the PCOS diet allows, but talking together with him to figure out what the restrictions are and what I might need to raise my blood sugar levels ended up being a great conversation and I felt very excited with this new knowledge!

I still decided to skip the gym. I was determined to go when I though my heart was pounding from stress, because I wanted to release those healthy endorphins and feel good. However because I could be in danger of passing out, I figured I would play it safe and go home. I know that's what Eric wanted to hear too.

Change of plans

I got home and went to the restroom to discover that I was about to start my period! REALLY? Dang, I was really looking forward to my Trial Transfer appointment this Friday. It did give me a good reason to call the office and talk with them about my blood sugar levels and find out where my schedule is.

My TT was rescheduled for March 6th. This was good because I was able to call my acupuncturist to see if she has an appointment available for that date as well. She hasn't called back yet, but I'm sure that will be good notice to be able to get in to meet with her and try out acupuncture for the 1st time.

I also get to start BCPs soon now. This is where IVF gets to be really fascinating for me. The start of my BCP will be the very beginning of when they are starting to control my ovulation cycle. So on the 3rd day of my period I will start taking the 1st BCP. I will take the 3 weeks of pills and instead of taking the "period week" of pills, I will throw them away and continue onto the 1st pill of a new pack. This will almost be like a fun count down for me! Right now I am figuring that I should be on these for 6-7 weeks, then they will be giving me all the shots and stuff to control my ovulation for ER and ET. That's the part I am anxious for!!! Bring it on!

As for a schedule.....I'm still guessing, because yesterday I asked if there was one for me yet.....there is not :(

No comments:

Post a Comment