Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Beginning

We got Married!! :)

Now we are ready to make a family.

I have two wonderful little kiddos. An 18 year old girl and a 7 year old boy.

Eric and I love them both and they are great fun kids. We would like to add one (or two...shhh)  to our family. However my tubes are tied. This was a situational thing that had I known where my life would be at today, I would not have made that choice. However that's the obstacle we have to overcome to be able to have more children. There are a few more obstacles like, I have have PCOS and we are both in our upper 30's now.

This is where IVF comes in.

We had an appointment with the RE a few weeks ago. He is GREAT! I love his personality, he was able to answer all our questions, we felt very comfortable and he was very un-judgemental. He set us up in a group for IVF in April. IN APRIL!! You mean I could be prego in April or May???  Woo Hoo.

OK - How do I not get excited? I know that the chances are about 50/50 - boo!

1st thing is we have to analyze the little sperms (SA). Fingers crossed for good swimmers!
2nd thing is my period needs to start - that wont happen, with PCOS I might have 4 a year, and I never know when.

I called today to make an appointment for the SA, and I told the nurse that my period has not started yet. (Even though she told me to call her if it didn't start by the end of January - I was on the phone with her, I don't know if I can wait that long) She scheduled a blood draw for me while my hubby gets to read magazines and have happy adult time - GEEZE! I might be starting birth control pills next week.

A few hours later I went to the restroom and saw a little blood on the TP....could it be??

I am currently supposed to be taking a prenatal vitamin and he is supposed to be taking a multi vitamin with Zinc (to help the swimmers be strong).

I feel like I'm going to go crazy! Every step feels like it takes forever and makes me nervous and excited. So I started a blog to keep track of my own thoughts and help myself remain calm. Also to help anyone else who might be on this same journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment