Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Watching the Calendar


TIME GOES BY SO SLOW!

In the last week, I found out that my obsession on IVF is normal, yay!

I also found it awesome to have a connection with another female going through the same thing.

From her I learned, or rather I confirmed, that I HAVE to loose weight.

I'm banking on this working the first time, so far our chances for that look good - except for my extra weight (my RE didn't seem concerned about it, but I am). So it needs to go away! I have nothing better to do over the next 2 months while I'm not on medications yet. If it makes our chance of success higher, then I will be at the gym everyday and count every calorie!

Yesterday was good - I had oatmeal for breakfast, an apple for a snack, cereal for lunch, and a chicken salad for dinner. I think I can cut more carbs out as the week goes on. I made it to the gym and did 30 minutes of cardio. I hope I can keep this up for another 8 weeks!

I went to Trader Joe's yesterday to get Flax Seed (this always helps me eat less, I put it on almost everything!), while I was there I finally picked up my prenatal vitamins that the doctor suggested. I walked up the the counter and the very nice lady looked at me, then she said, in friendly conversation "Are these for you?" I said "Yes", then she said "Congratulations" with a big smile. I realized that I was smiling but I couldn't really keep eye contact with her when I responded about how I'm not pregnant and my doctor said to start taking them while I am trying. I was-I am excited about starting my vitamins, it feels good to be starting this process, but I found myself stumbling over an answer in my head. I should have just said that I am starting a fertility treatment, but by the time the right words formed I was already walking out.....feeling a little awkward. I realized too, that I looked like a hag with my gym clothes on and my hair a mess from sweat and ikyness.

As my mind was racing through words, she went on to be excited for me, and said something like "I thought you didn't look pregnant" She wished me luck and said something about following my process. She was nice. Its just so odd to me that I was awkward. Was it because I was focused on why she hesitated to ask me if they were for me? Did she think I was too old? Why am I worried about what she thinks of my age? I'm overweight so how could she tell for sure that I "didn't look pregnant"? I'm sure she was being friendly, and she hesitated because you probably should not ask a stranger if she is pregnant unless you are positive by the baby bump, lol. My head is filled with it's own worries.

I am a classic over thinker!

No comments:

Post a Comment